Table of Contents
20-Minute FULL Body Workout with Weights
Looking for a quick workout that will give you an incredible bang for your buck? This full-body workout doesn't require any equipment and hits all your major muscle groups in just 20 minutes.
During this sweat sesh, you’ll be working all of your muscle groups with longer periods of work and shorter periods of rest (60 seconds on, 7 seconds off). This will give you a cardiovascular boost; you’ll increase your heart rate while also strengthening your muscles.
- 20 minutes
- Total body: You’ll improve your cardiovascular endurance and overall muscle tone of your upper body, core, legs and glutes
What You'll Need
- An exercise mat (optional)
- Two medium/heavy dumbbells; 5-15 pounds (use household items, such as water bottles, if you don’t have weights)
If using dumbbells, it's especially important to use weights that allow you to push yourself, without sacrificing form. In today's video, Kalie is using 8-pound and 12-pound dumbbells. Choose a weight that is appropriate for you and your strength.
How to Use This Routine
Make sure to warm up first, as there is not one included in the workout. You'll also want to add a cool down and stretch once you're finished. You can choose one of our warm-ups and cool-down videos HERE, in our exercise library.
If you're looking to work at your own pace, just keep scrolling to get detailed workout directions and short video demonstrations of each move.
- Each exercise is done for 60 seconds followed by a 7-second rest between.
- Always do what you can. Push yourself to do your personal best – whatever that may be!
- Front Kicks with Weights
- Sweep Jacks
- Knee Strikes 30 seconds Left/ 30 seconds Right
- Mountain Climbers
- Russian Twists in Boat Pose with Weight
- Bicep Curls with Lunge (Reverse Lunge)
- Burpees with Plank Rows
- Sumo Squat with Tricep Extensions
- Curtsy Lunge with Side Bend LEFT
- Burpee, 2 Plank Jacks, Push Up
- Curtsy Lunge with Side Bend RIGHT
- Squat, Knee to Opposite Elbow, 2 Squat Jumps
- High Knees
- Thread the Needle Side Plank 30 seconds Left, 30 seconds Right
- Chest Fly with Alternating Leg Lowers
- Plank Rows
- Skull Crushers with Pilates Toe Taps (Double Leg)
- Knee Kisses with Weight
- Burpee - Step each foot back into plank position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- High Knees - Use slow, controlled high steps rather than fast movements.
- Explosive Jumping Movements - Step, walk or use low impact jumps.
- Jumping Jacks - Step left leg out to the side and then right leg out to the side.
- Leg Lowers - Alternating leg lowers.
- Lunge Jumps - Alternating Forward Lunges.
- Mountain Climbers - Use slow, controlled steps rather than fast movements.
- Push Ups - Substitute Knee Push Ups.
After finishing your workout, don't forget to thank your amazing body for all its hard work!
Cheers to a healthy lifestyle and living FULLforLife!
xo, Pam & Kalie
Supercharge Your Health?
Whether you’re looking for a way to kickstart your morning on a refreshing note, need a tasty way to shed excess pounds, want to re-fuel right after a grueling workout, or are in search of a surefire way to sneak some spinach and other nutrient-dense superfoods into your family's bodies, Blend Your Way to Healthy will make healthy eating effortless.