Table of Contents
Today we're going to challenge our core and lower body with a 35-minute workout led by Kalie Ann. This 35-minute routine uses a combination of two of our favorite formats (Tabata and AMRAP) to maximize your results. It is easy to do in your living room, and no equipment is needed.
- 35 minutes
- Total body with an emphasis on core and lower body
What You'll Need
- An exercise mat (optional)
How to Use This Routine
This workout is perfect for defining your abdominal muscles and strengthening your glutes, hamstrings and quads. However, if you want to remove excess fat around your midsection, or any area of your body, then we suggest a combination of strength training (such as this one) and cardio 2-4 times per week − depending on your goals.
Make sure to warm up first, as there is not one included in the workout. You'll also want to add a cool down and stretch once you're finished. You can choose one of our warm-ups and cool-down videos HERE, in our exercise library.
- Tabata Rounds: Each Tabata exercise is done for 20 seconds with a 10-second rest between. Repeat the round 4 times, then take a short rest before moving onto the core round.
- Core Rounds: Each core exercise is done for 60 seconds.
- Always do what you can. Push yourself to do your personal best – whatever that may be!
- Sumo Shuffles (5 Forward; 5 Backward)
- Squat, Twist, Clap, Clap
- Inchworm Plank with 4 Shoulder Taps
- Oblique Standing Side Bend
- Reverse Lunge Left Leg; 2 Squat Jumps; Reverse Lunge Right Leg; 2 Squat Jumps
- Side Plank Knee to Elbow
- Push Ups
- Triple Pulse Tabletop Crunch
- Inchworm Plank with Single Arm Salute
- Static Squat with Alternating Heel Raises
- Reverse Lunge Left Leg; Front Kick; Reverse Lunge Right Leg; Front Kick
- Bridge with Left Leg Extension; Bridge with Right Leg Extension
- Pendulum Leg Lowers
- Boat Pose – Rather than elevating feet, touch toes to the ground for added stability.
- Explosive Jumping Movements – Step, walk or use low impact jumps.
- Knee Push Ups – Substitute Wall Push Ups.
- Pendulum Leg Lowers – Legs in tabletop position rather than straight.
- Plank with Single Arm Salute – Substitute Plank.
- Push Ups – Substitute Knee Push Ups. Squat Jumps – Keep feet planted on the ground and do a regular squat rather than jumping.
- Triple Pulse Tabletop Crunch – Rather than elevating feet, keep them grounded for added stability.
- Up Down Planks – Substitute Static Plank.
After finishing your workout, don't forget to thank your amazing body for all its hard work!
Cheers to a healthy lifestyle and living FULLforLife!
xo, Pam & Kalie
Supercharge Your Health?
Whether you’re looking for a way to kickstart your morning on a refreshing note, need a tasty way to shed excess pounds, want to re-fuel right after a grueling workout, or are in search of a surefire way to sneak some spinach and other nutrient-dense superfoods into your family's bodies, Blend Your Way to Healthy will make healthy eating effortless.