Movement makes a huge difference in your health, confidence and energy. Do something to stay active every day—even 1 minute of exercise counts.
Fitness really does affect your health and wellness but finding time to exercise can be challenging, no matter what phase of life you’re in.
One of the biggest mottos we love to share at FULLforLife is "for any change to stick, it has to work with the way you live your life."
When life gets super duper hectic, rather than stressing about a full workout, create balance by incorporating a few minutes of movement. Remember, something is ALWAYS better than nothing.
Some great ways do this:
- Look at the week ahead and plan out the best time to fit in a little fitness, even if it's just 5 minutes!
- Aim for short workouts and add in longer ones if (and when) you can.
- Even on off days, get in a minute of intentional movement! We call these our daily "One-Minute Move."
- Be realistic about how much time you can give and write it down. Literally, get out your day planner and jot down...
- Wednesday at 6:00 am - 7 minutes of exercise before work.
- Thursday over lunch break - a "One-Minute Move."
- Hold yourself accountable and think about your why. Why do you want to stay active? Is it because you want to model health to your kids, that you don't want to gain weight or because you deserve to do something for yourself? When your "appointment" rolls around, if you don't feel like doing it, remember how much harder it's going to be to get back to where you are today if you slack off the next few weeks.
- Get in a minute workout, or even 30 seconds, whenever you can! Walking lunges around the living room while holding your toddler, yes! Squats between appointments at work, sure. Push ups or a Plank for 20 seconds before bed, you got it. A little here and a little there adds up, so go ahead and release the guilt if you’re stretched too thin to fit in a full workout.
- Make it fun by encouraging (but not pushing) your family to get involved. Whoever can hold a plank the longest gets out of dishwashing tonight! Reps challenge - who can get in the most reps in 60 seconds? Our daily FfL one-minute moves (posted on Facebook) are great for this. Make fun memories and encourage fitness by creating daily mini-workout challenges that you can all get involved in. This is something we've been doing with Isla since she was little. It started with a few fun moves (pilates toe taps, punches, uppercuts and squats) and now she's taken it upon herself to lead a mini workout every night before bed.
Some articles you may enjoy:
Fitness Tips and Tricks
Helped other Readers Just Like You
Years Professional Experience
Hours Teaching & Coaching
Lectures, Workshops & Events
"I am thrilled with the results and changes I have made physically, mentally and emotionally by living FfL! I've completely revamped my kitchen and have been able to stick with the FfL workouts because I can do them anywhere, anytime. After following the Healthy Eating Made Simple course and sharing the information with my family, my three daughters have even taken an interest in helping out in the kitchen. I lost 25 lbs, 4 inches in my waist and more inches all over!"
"I was tired of trying to manage my weight, the time to prepare nourishing meals and feelings of self-doubt. FfL showed me a proven plan that taught me to be more organized, motivated and in control of my journey. I am now able to live a vibrant, healthy lifestyle that I love. FfL transformed my life."
"I was constantly frustrated trying to figure out healthy food choices and stay active. With all the conflicting information out there, I bounced around from one plan to another without any success. The FfL programs have allowed me to take steps to create a healthy, well-nourished and active lifestyle. FfL has changed my life."
"I was struggling with what supplement or diet to be on and which workout program to start that would help me reach my goals. FfL showed me maintaining a healthy relationship with food, nourishing myself and finding the time to fit exercise into my daily routine is attainable."
"Being part of the FULLforLife community has changed my life. What FfL offers provides me with the perfect combination of healthy recipes my family loves, effective at-home exercises, tons of resources and much more. I have finally developed healthier habits without feeling overwhelmed."
"With the tools and resources FfL provides, I developed a new attitude that gave me the confidence and drive to prioritize self-care and make better choices to live a healthy and active lifestyle."
"I've managed to attempt a healthier lifestyle more times than I'd like to admit. FULLforLife has been the only lifestyle I've been able to adapt to and maintain for more than a few weeks. I lost over 15 pounds by following the 80/20 approach to eating and implementing FfL workouts. I'm so happy to be living FULLforLife!"
"Being a hygienist, I have always been interested in health promotion and disease prevention. Following the philosophy of FULLforLife, I implemented swapping unhealthy snacks to more whole foods and adding more vegetables to all my meals. I adopted the 80/20 philosophy FfL teaches and have improved my focus on meal planning and awareness of emotional eating. I would recommend FfL to all my family and friends."
"FULLforLife has forever changed me. After incorporating FfL into my life, I became more active than ever. I lost 20 pounds by incorporating FfL-friendly foods into my diet and exercising regularly with FfL's workouts. FfL has helped me believe I can do whatever I set my mind to and live the life I always dreamed of! I'm happy to say living FULLforLife has become a true lifestyle!"
"In the past I found it hard to find the time to incorporate fitness into my daily life. The vast variety of workouts provided have been incredibly practical and doable for me. I love the exercise library and have found I can get in an effective at-home workout without any stress."
"I was feeling discouraged and defeated trying to change my eating habits and exercise routine. It was impossible to stay focused and committed to change. The FfL programs have provided me with a roadmap to take control and live a healthier, more active lifestyle. They helped me understand what real food is, how easy it is to incorporate a bit of exercise every day and kept me motivated to reach my personal goals."
"Trying to make space for self-care and giving back to myself in the same way I offered my time and attention to others has always been hard for me. FfL provided me with everything I needed to be intentional about creating healthy habits to feel my best both inside and out. I truly am happier than I’ve ever been."
"I had no idea where or how to get started to stop feeling like a failure and being disappointed in myself. I now have a strong foundation and the knowledge essential to living a healthy lifestyle. I eat real food, stay active and have a positive and joyful attitude. I have never felt or looked better."
"FULLforLife is life-changing! I have kids, a husband and a demanding career. For years prioritizing my health and well-being has taken a back seat. After just 3 months of making small tweaks to my daily routine, I’m finally able to stay consistent with my wellness habits. Without the encouragement and guidance from the FULLforLife community, I wouldn’t be where I am today. The best part, my family is now excited about living FULL too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Featured Fitness Programs
Start with Cycle 1 or choose a package that’s right for you. Each package works your full body and comes with guides and printables to help you on your journey!
- Weeks 1 thru 4
- 10 to 25 minute workouts
- Weeks 5 thru 8
- 30 to 35 minute workouts
- Weeks 9 thru 12
- 35 to 40 minute workouts
- Weeks 13 thru 16
- 35 to 45 minute
sofa to sensational
28-Day Fitness Challenge
Are you struggling with where to start and feeling overwhelmed? If you are just stepping into exercise, and consider yourself a true beginner, this program is for you! Over the next 28 days, you will gradually build up strength and endurance by incorporating basic fitness into your routine.