Get ready to transform your your family's health with FULLfoods!
FULLfoods are ingredients that nourish and fuel us. They’re the foods that our ancestors thrived on for thousands of years. They’ve been grown, raised or cared for by someone. They may be used to create meals or, at times, enjoyed on their own.
They have NOT been created in a lab by food scientists.
The FULLforLife Way
- Below are the general guidelines we live by to cut out highly processed foods and create healthy balance in our diet by eating FULLfoods. Eating this way is the most simple, yet powerful way to enhance you and your family’s health.
What your diet should MOSTLY consist of
Eat whole or minimally processed foods (FULLfoods).
- Lean meats and chicken
- Wild-caught seafood
- Healthy fats, butters and oils
- Fruits and vegetables
- WHOLE wheat, WHOLE grains, flours and starches
- Dairy products and cheese made with real-food ingredients
- Nuts and seeds (no added sugars or oils)
- Raw honey, pure maple syrup and unrefined coconut palm sugar in moderation
- Products made with limited, basic, nutritional ingredients
What you should AVOID
Avoid processed food in general.
- Avoid REFINED grains such as refined, enriched white flour or white rice. Items containing wheat should be 100% WHOLE wheat, not just wheat.
- Avoid REFINED sweeteners such as white or brown sugar, cane syrup and artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid REFINED oils such as vegetable oils, butter substitutes and buttery spreads.
- Avoid REFINED snack foods such as pretzels and crackers.
What are FfL-friendly ingredients?
You’ll see the phrase “check for FfL-friendly ingredients” throughout many of our recipes and even some topics and posts. This simply means choosing foods that are made with whole or minimally processed ingredients.
Peanut butter (because it’s often filled with unnecessary, highly processed ingredients) is a great example of a food we would suggest you check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
Make the best choice possible
We live with the philosophy of flexibility. When we cannot find a certain food or beverage with FfL-friendly ingredients OR it doesn’t fit into our budget, we make the best choice possible. We do the best we can, and we don’t stress if we can’t always eat this way.
The 80/20 Approach
FfL promotes balance rather than an all-or-nothing mentality. This realistic way of eating is sustainable and promotes both healthy foods and self-control.
- 80% of the time you focus on eating clean, nutritious, good-for-you foods.
- 20% of the time you have the freedom to indulge in some of your favorites.
This is your forever guide to creating a healthy relationship with food!
Ready for A Real-Food Lifestyle?
If you’re ready to ditch processed foods and put your family on a path to a healthier life, a great place to begin is with our article How to Get Started with a Healthy, Real-Food Lifestyle.
Here we’ll share tips and tricks to easily cut out processed foods, along with a quick 5-minute coaching video. This resource will help you cut out processed food and fill your kitchen with FULLfoods in a realistic and manageable way.