Table of Contents
Looking for new ways to serve up lunch, without the unnecessary stress?
To help ease anxiety, here's another installment of our healthy lunch series! We hope these ideas give you some inspiration when it comes to packing healthy lunches for you and your family, without lunch meat.
In this week's series, we'll share a fresh list of lunch ideas made in pitas and tortillas, which were inspired by some of our very own favorites, as well as our wonderFULL readers and Facebook Community.
Pitas and Tortilla Wraps (served cold)
- Cucumber, smoked salmon and cream cheese on a pita
- Fall chicken wrap: grilled leftover chicken, thin slices of green apple, brie and fig jam in a wrap
- Homemade Chicken Salad, brie cheese, thin slices of green apple in a wrap or lettuce “cup”
- Hawaiian BBQ chicken wrap: chicken, pineapple slices, cilantro, onion, BBQ sauce and romaine in a wrap
- Hummus, shredded carrots, cucumber and lettuce served in a pita
- Make your own cold pizza “lunchables”: pita triangles packed with leftover grilled veggies, tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese (think a healthier version of Oscar Mayer Pizza Lunchables)
- Mediterranean chicken and hummus wrap: chicken, tomatoes, onion, feta, Hummus and chopped romaine in a wrap
- Nut butter and banana "quesadillas": Spread nut butter onto half a tortilla wrap, top nut butter with banana slices, fold and cut into triangles
- Pimento Cheese, cucumber slices and pita triangles (served with fresh fruit)
- Roasted bell pepper, leftover chicken and basil wrap (served with a side of Hummus)
- Mediterranean Pita with Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, packed with cucumber slices and pita triangles (served with fresh fruit)
- Roasted veggies, leftover chicken, pesto and greens in a wrap
- Roasted veggies, feta and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar in a wrap
- Southwest chicken burritos: chicken, corn, beans and cheese (can be made ahead and defrosted, served with salsa and avocado slices)
- Spring Rolls
- Toasted pita “chips” for dipping, served with Hummus, sliced bell peppers, cucumber and halved cherry tomatoes
Pitas and Tortilla Wraps (served hot or cold)
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap/Quesadilla
- Leftover Meatballs, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce served with pita wedges
- Make your own tacos “lunchables”: leftover taco meat tossed with beans, served with a side of lettuce/cabbage mix, diced tomato, shredded cheese, pita wedges and a mixture of Greek yogurt/salsa (think a healthier version of Oscar Mayer Lunchables)
- Veggie quesadilla sliced into triangles: made with black beans, salsa and cheese OR made with veggies, salsa and cheese (can be made ahead and defrosted, served with avocado slices)
- Salmon quesadilla sliced into triangles: made with leftover Salmon Burgers, diced red onions, arugula and Havarti cheese, topped with fresh avocado
Let's simplify lunchtime - together!
Cheers to a healthy lifestyle and living FULLforLife!
xo, Pam & Kalie
Did we miss any of your favorites? We'd love to hear them in the comments below!