I got in this workout poolside while visiting San Diego. It’s the perfect routine if you don’t have access to a gym or just want exercise outside!
Always do what you can. Push yourself to do your personal best – whatever that may be.
✓ Each round is broken down like this: Each exercise is done for 20 seconds followed by a 10-second rest between.
✓ Repeat the round 4 times, then take a 60-second rest before moving onto the next round.
✓ Repeat the entire circuit 2 times.
✓ This workout takes 39 minutes total. If you're crunched for time, complete the circuit 1 time for a 20-minute workout.
Don’t forget to do this entire circuit 2 times.
- Burpee - Step each foot back into plank position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Donkey Kicks - Alternate touching heel to butt, one foot at a time.
- Explosive Jumping Movements - Step, walk or use low impact jumps.
- Mountain Climbers - Use slow, controlled steps rather than fast movements.
- Plank Jack - Step each foot out laterally and back to start position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Push Ups - Substitute Knee Push Ups.
- Squat Jumps - Keep feet planted on the ground and do a regular squat rather than jumping.
- X Jack - Substitute Traditional Jumping Jack.