A Basic Quiche Recipe (add any filling of your choice)
Everyone loves a savory quiche and this recipe will not let you down. With only a few minutes of hands-on time and the ability to get creative with your fillings, you just can’t beat this simple quiche. It’s great served at a brunch buffet with our amazing Maple-Sweetened Banana Muffins or Pumpkin Spice Muffins, or as a light dinner with a green salad.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups fillings of your choice, cleaned and chopped (if you’re a veggie LOVER, you can add up to an additional 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly grated cheese
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press pie dough into 9-inch glass pie plate. Trim any excess and flute the edges.
- BLIND BAKING (optional): If you plan on pre-baking your crust, carefully line your pie dough with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Add pie weights or dried beans on top of the parchment paper or foil to weigh down the pie crust (this prevents the center from puffing up or the sides from shrinking down). Once the oven reaches 400 degrees, bake until the bottom of the crust is just beginning to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow your crust to cool. (Prepare your fillings during this time.)
- Cook desired fillings in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Veggies should take approximately 5 minutes; meats, poultry and shellfish should be fully cooked. Remove from heat, pat off excess grease or moisture, mix together and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Brush a small amount of this mixture on your pie crust. Add cheese, salt and pepper to the remaining egg mixture. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Spread your fillings evenly on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour egg and cheese mixture on top.
- Bake on middle rack for 40 minutes or until set.
- Allow quiche to set for 10-20 minutes before cutting into it.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later