Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers (Burger + Slider)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For a fresh take on a burger, give these turkey burgers a try! These delicious burgers can be made traditionally, as sliders or even served on romaine leaves for a low-carb option. The pan-seared apple slices paired with BBQ sauce provides the perfect flavor to complement these deliciously baked burgers.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (preferably thick)
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (These can also be cooked on a grill).
- Combine turkey burger ingredients (except buns) in a medium bowl. Divide and shape burger mixture into 4 (4-inch) patties. Arrange patties on a greased or a parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake 5-9 minutes on each side, until burgers are golden brown and cooked through. (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.) Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese approximately 1 minute before done.
- While burgers are cooking, add butter to a medium-large pan. Over medium heat, pan sear each side of apple slices (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Remove burgers from oven and plate each burger on a bun. Top burgers with apple and BBQ sauce. For a low-carb option, use half a bun and enjoy it as an open-faced sammy.
Paleo/Dairy-free: Substitute butter with coconut oil and eliminate the cheese.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: Turkey Burger