Award Winning Beef and Pancetta Chili
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
This is NOT your classic chili! Every spoonful offers a deep, smoky flavor fueled with pancetta, beef and a perfect blend of herbs and spices. It will exceed your expectations to serve as a comfort food on a cold winter night and hearty enough to serve for a crowd-pleasing meal with friends. With utterly delicious ingredients that complement each other perfectly, you will crave this protein rich meal year-round!
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped (optional – based on your heat preference)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 oz) cans light kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini white kidney beans
Flavoring, Herbs and Spices:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, red wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 heaping teaspoon red pepper or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder (if you don’t have this, double the Mexican chili powder)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chili pepper paste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- Heat a large pot until warm. When pot is warm, add EVOO and lightly brown beef and pancetta. (To prevent the meat from drying out, do not cook it entirely.) Remove from pot, leaving remaining liquid in pot.
- Add bourbon, wine or beef stock to pot to deglaze the bottom. (Deglazing pulls flavor.) Wait 30-60 seconds before adding peppers, onions, garlic and celery. Cook vegetables until onions are translucent. Add meat, diced tomatoes, whole peeled tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add cumin, red pepper, chili powders, black pepper, white pepper, coriander, chili paste, hot sauce and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt and grated cheese. Garnish with scallions, chives or parsley.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 30min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot