Baked Halibut with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This versatile and easy halibut recipe can be used to enhance many types of fish including cod, mahi-mahi, grouper or rockfish. It’s yummy and healthy and makes for a simply delightful entrée served with your favorite sides and a salad.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pound wild-caught halibut (or any white fish)
- Mix all ingredients, excluding halibut, in a bowl.
- Cut halibut steak into two filets. Place both filets into a baggie. Pour mixed ingredients in baggie and evenly coat halibut. Place baggie in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours. Midway, flip so the halibut marinades evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pan sear halibut, approximately 60 seconds per side. Place pan-seared halibut into a glass baking dish. Pour the remaining marinade from the baggie into the dish with the halibut. Bake until cooked. Depending on thickness, approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately serve. Enjoy!
We recommend wild-caught seafood and organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Too Easy