Baked Parmesan Spinach Balls
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 45 balls 1x
These easy and healthy Parmesan Spinach Balls are not only delicious, they are perfect for entertaining. We love preparing and freezing them ahead of time; your guests will love them served hot or cold as an appetizer or side dish!
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen spinach (thawed)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cups panko or crushed bread crumbs (check for FfL-friendly ingredients or search a “clean” recipe to make your own)
- Place thawed spinach in a colander, pressing down on it to squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
- Combine spinach with all ingredients except panko and blend together. Add panko, mix well and let stand for 20 minutes. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place in a container (to freeze or refrigerate) or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 10-15 minutes unfrozen or 20-25 minutes frozen at 350 degrees (until lightly browned and firm to the touch).
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free panko or bread crumbs, if necessary.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Sheet Pan
Keywords: Appetizer, Spinach Balls