These muffins are hands-down one of our favorite breakfasts.
Not only are they kid and freezer-friendly, they’re downright delicious! Our family loves to eat them for breakfast with a side of eggs, as a quick bite on a busy day, or as a pre-workout snack!
The sweet blueberries perfectly complement the hints of vanilla, apple, and cinnamon. Think baked oatmeal meets bakery style muffins! You’ll be whipping these up weekly and loving them, guilt-free!!
These muffins are extremely freezer-friendly and make a great grab-and-go snack! Simply pull a muffin out of the freezer, thaw in the fridge overnight, and ENJOY!!!
Why make muffins from scratch?
When it comes to baked goods, we are big proponents of from-scratch, as opposed to box mixes.
Packaged versions are generally made with refined sugar, refined flour, hydrogenated fats, additives, preservatives, artificial colors, and flavoring. These heavily processed ingredients not only contribute to weight gain, they’re void of nutrients and have been linked to depression, diabetes, ADHD disorder, and cancer.
Outside of these muffins being easy to make and packed full of flavor, they’re made with FfL-friendly, REAL food ingredients.
Pre-chopping or cutting ingredients ahead really helps to reduce stress and simplify meals on busy weekdays. We know, we know, we’re always talking about meal prep, but it truly is the holy grail to healthy eating!
- Wash and chop your apples. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container or freeze them if you’re prepping more than 2 days in advance.
- Pro tip: While everything is out, chop extra apples. Measure them out and freeze them in Ziploc baggies for future batches. Thaw them in the fridge overnight or on the counter shortly before using them.
These muffins are hands-down one of our favorite snacks. The sweet blueberries perfectly complement the hints of vanilla, apple and cinnamon. Think baked oatmeal meets bakery-style muffins. You’ll be whipping these up weekly and loving them, guilt-free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or coat muffin tray with oil.
- Place milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk or mix with an immersion blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oat flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder).
- Slowly add dry mixture into wet and stir until just combined.
- In a small glass dish, melt coconut oil. Fold in blueberries, apples and oil with a large spoon until evenly combined.
- Use a spoon to distribute mixture into muffin tins. One batch makes 10 muffins. Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes. Once cooled, store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
- Because these muffins don’t contain refined ingredients or preservatives, they will only last 2 to 3 days at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can defrost individual muffins in the refrigerator overnight or by letting them rest at room temperature. Lightly toast and enjoy warm or eat it cold, straight out of the fridge!
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: Blueberry Apple Muffins, Muffins