Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Crisp, fresh veggies and a tangy, yet slightly sweet vinegar dressing. This salad is easy to throw together and tastes absolutely delicious. It pairs well with any lunch, is a sensational side to a summer BBQ and can even be tossed with grilled chicken and eaten as a light dinner.
- 4 cups black-eyed peas, cooked or canned
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 5 single stalks green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- Combine black-eyed peas, red onion, green and red pepper, jalapeño and green onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Pour dressing over bean mixture. Toss to coat. Add and stir in cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (allow bean salad to marinade for at least 2 hours before serving).
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Black Eyed Pea Salad