Carolina Style Pimento Cheese (Easy + Versatile)
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/3 cup (2 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 ounce jar diced pimentos , juice included
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (substitute with 1/2 tsp. dried, minced onion)
- pinch pepper
- pinch paprika
- 1–2 drops hot sauce
- jalapeño , finely chopped (optional)
- 1 & 1/4 cups (5 oz.) sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated (or cheese of choice)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except cheddar cheese. Once mixed, gently fold in cheddar cheese. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. If your family is picky with flavor, add half the amount of pimentos. Jalapeños are optional.
Why freshly grated? Because it doesn’t have anti-caking agents like pre-shredded cheese.
Why sharp white cheddar cheese? Because it typically doesn’t have artificial food coloring in it.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Pimento Cheese, Carolina Style Pimento Cheese