The ingredients in this mouth-watering appetizer are so simple, yet so tasty, it’s tough to beat.
Artichoke dip is super popular and (if made right) is one of those appetizers that with one bite, you’ll want to take the entire bowl and have it all to yourself. Although there are plenty of variations of artichoke dip, from artichoke and crab to creamy spinach, this classic version has always been the one to get the most compliments and to disappear the fastest.
It’s so versatile, it can be served as a game-day appetizer or dished out on a crostini to impress even your fanciest dinner guests. It takes less than 5 minutes to toss together. It can be prepped ahead, covered, refrigerated and popped in the oven just before serving, making it one of those easy, all-around favorites.
Heading to a friends house with your artichoke dip?
No problem! Just heat your dip, cover with aluminum foil, and pop it in an insulated casserole carrier before you walk out the door. Pack some toasted pita wedges or crackers and plate them beside this outstanding appetizer. Trust us on this—you’ll be asked to share the recipe more than once!
Some tasty ways to flavor your artichoke dip:
For a heartier dip, add 1/2 cup of your favorite protein and two additional tablespoons of mayo:
- Lump crab meat
- Shredded chicken
- Steamed shrimp
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover dip:
- Quesadilla style! Add leftovers to a tortilla. Top it with sautéed veggies, leftover meat and a second tortilla. Grill it and garnish with avocado for a great tasting lunch.
- As a tasty bagel pizza topping: Toast half of a bagel, top it with a tablespoon of tomato sauce, finely chopped onion and leftover dip.
- As a Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizza topping
- For brekkie: Tossed in scrambled eggs or added to a breakfast quesadilla.
This creamy, cheesy dip is made with artichoke hearts, cheese and a few other flavorful ingredients. It’s the perfect mouth-watering appetizer that is simple to make and popular at every party. This is one recipe everyone should have in their cooking repertoire.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine artichoke hearts, 1 cup cheese, mayonnaise and garlic and mix well. Spread mixture in a 9×11 baking dish (or close to this size). Top with 1/4 cup cheese and paprika.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 20