Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Chicken Pesto Pizza is fresh and flavorful. It’s topped with ripe tomatoes, basil pesto, chicken and mozzarella cheese. It’s fast enough for weeknights yet tasty enough for company.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 pound (2 cups) cooked chicken (use leftovers or rotisserie chicken in a pinch)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1–2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1–2 pinches Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to temperature on dough’s instructions.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch wide oval on a floured surface. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Leaving a 1-inch border around the edge, spread pesto on dough. Evenly spread a layer of onions on top of pesto. With all seeds removed, top with tomato slices. (If you don’t remove the seeds, the top of your pizza may get a tad watery.) On top of tomatoes, scatter chicken, basil, goat cheese, mozzarella, crushed pepper and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake pizza in the oven on the middle rack for the time suggested on dough’s instructions. (Until dough begins to turn golden brown).
- Remove from oven. Allow pizza to cool for 2-3 minutes. Cut and serve!
- Optional: Drizzle a small amount of high quality balsamic vinegar on your pizza or pour some in a small dish to dip your crust in.
Bake in the oven or grill to perfection.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
You can substitute Roma tomatoes for cherry tomatoes.
Use gluten-free dough, if necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Grill, Sheet Pan
Keywords: Pizza, Chicken Pizza, Pesto Pizza