Chicken Pesto Pizza
A scrumptious offering for pizza night!
A delicious dinner can be as simple as turning chicken, pesto, onions, tomatoes, basil and a few other ingredients into a palate-pleasing pizza. It’s fast enough for weeknights yet tasty enough for company.
The beauty of making a pizza at home is that you can easily modify to please all palates!
If your husband loves meat and you don’t, add more to his side and skimp on yours. If your kiddos don’t like onions or tomatoes, eliminate them from their portion of the pizza. If goat cheese just isn’t your thing, only use mozzarella.
Not only does homemade pizza make the perfect meal for everyone’s flavor preferences, it allows you to keeps the cheesy calories to a minimum.
Let’s talk about the ingredient that brings it all together, the crust
Our choice of crust typically depends on our schedule that week and if we had time to prep ahead. We’ve tried everything from a local bakery’s gluten-free crust to a pumpkin seed crust we found in the freezer section at the grocery store.
If you’re pinched for time try:
- Bagel Pizzas
- Pita Pizzas: Whole grain pitas are a quick and easy, no-mess option when you want to make your pizzas in a pinch. They’re also the PERFECT size for personal pizzas.
- Store Bought Dough Balls: We’re lucky enough to have a Co-Op close by that sells dough balls made with 100% whole wheat flour and gluten-free crust that’s made with FfL-friendly ingredients. If you’re looking for pre-made dough, make sure it’s made with whole ingredients. Check local bakeries or the freezer section for FfL-friendly options. Look for simple ingredients such as 100% whole grain/ wheat flour, water, salt and minimal (FfL approved) oil. Our Healthy Eating Made Simple: Busy Women’s Guide to Real Food will help you cut out highly-processed foods and further break down what to look for and what to avoid.
If you have time to meal prep:
- Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Gluten-Free)
- Homemade Dough: Homemade pizza dough is delicious, but can be time consuming. If you want to make your own, have it ready ahead of time so your only prep the night of your “party” is to set out the toppings.
- For personal pizzas, cut the ball into equal pieces for each person.
- Since it’s freezer-friendly, we often make a double batch and freeze the extra dough ball.
Top tips for prepping ahead (on your food prep day or the night before)
Pre-chopping, cutting or cooking ingredients really helps to reduce stress and simplify dinner on busy weeknights. We know, we know, we’re always talking about meal prep, but it truly is the holy grail to healthy eating!
- Chop your onion and basil
- Slice cherry tomatoes
- Cook your chicken (or meat of choice)
- Prepare pesto (if homemade)
- Prepare dough (if homemade)
Pro tip: This Chop Wizard is a kitchen essential when it comes to slicing and dicing veggies. It chops your produce into uniform pieces and cuts your prep time in half!
If your family loves pizza as much as ours, you’ll want to check out these articles:
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this Chicken Pesto Pizza, we would love to hear how it turned out! Leave a comment below sharing what you served it with and what your family thought of it. We love hearing from you and your ideas inspire us all! Don’t forget to tag @fullforlifegal on Instagram so we can admire your masterpiece! 🌟
Share The Goodness
Treat Yourself to a Weekly Wellness Boost!
Unlock VIP access to self-care secrets, delightful surprises, and a dash of healthy food inspiration. Join us now and let the pampering begin!
"*" indicates required fields
You May Also Enjoy
Leave a Comment
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields