Chipotle Honey Marinated Chicken (Simple + Healthy)
This Chipotle Honey Marinated Chicken is a great weeknight meal that is full of yummy robust flavors.
The slightly smoky sauce comes together quickly and creates a “lick the plate” kind of meal. We love to serve this recipe plated with a couple sides (our favorites are rice, steamed veggies and a side salad.) It’s healthy, tasty and almost too simple to make. Trust us – it’s one you need to try!
Chipotle Honey Marinated Chicken is a great family recipe because it can be customized to everyone’s liking. If a family member or friend can’t handle heat, minimize the ground chipotle chili powder.
Can you prep this the night before?
Yes, follow the prep instructions (stop just before baking), cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge and bake!
Assemble your chicken ahead and freeze for easy dinners.
One of the best ways to add flavor to chicken is to marinate it. When chicken goes on sale, stock up, prep a few batches of this recipe and freeze them.
Place chicken breasts in a freezer bag with marinade. Pop the bag into the freezer and when you’re ready to use it, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Your chicken will absorb all the flavor of the chipotle marinade as it thaws. So simple and so delicious!
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover Chipotle Honey Marinated Chicken
Leftovers are king when trying to simplify eating real foods. There’s nothing better than having prepared food on hand for quick and easy meals throughout the week.
But eating the same thing 2 or 3 nights in a row can get a tad boring. To break up the monotony, here are some of our favorite ways to reinvent your leftover Chipotle Honey Marinated Chicken and create an entirely new meal:
- Fajitas with sautéed onions, green peppers and tomatoes
- Quesadillas topped with fresh pico de gallo
- Mexican brekki bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, rice, black beans and eggs
- Pasta dish: Make extra sauce and mix chicken with cooked pasta, bell peppers and wilted spinach
- Chicken, broccoli and rice bowls (you can even make a double batch of the sauce for extra drizzling)
- Chipotle chicken pizza topped with Mexican cheese, fire roasted corn, red onion, black beans and cilantro (using a dough ball, a tortilla or a toasted bagel)
- Southwest wrap filled with leftover chicken, chopped romaine, salsa and avocado (eaten cold)
- Chicken cobb salad wrap filled with chicken, bacon, chopped romaine and ranch
- Chicken, rice and bean burritos topped with avocado slices
- Chicken on a bed of greens topped with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and bacon crumbles
Share The Goodness
You May Also Enjoy
Join The Conversation
Hi beautiFULL, We’re Pam and Kalie
If you want your family to live a healthier life, you’ve come to the right place! Our simple wellness practices have been handed down for three generations and are the secret weapon to staying healthy and sane.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE
Real Food Crash Course
Learn how to cut out processed food in a realistic and manageable way.
Free Guide Food – Real Food Crash Course
"*" indicates required fields