Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette (Copycat Recipe from Chipotle Mexican Grill)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
This easy homemade Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette goes beyond the basics. It’s perfect to drizzle on tacos, enchiladas, fajitas or burritos; as a marinade for chicken, steak, salmon or shrimp; to baste grilled vegetables; or to top your favorite fresh green salad. The boost of flavor from the sweet/spicy, slight chipotle combination will make you want to keep a bottle of this on hand at all times. This made-from-scratch version uses all FfL-friendly (real food) ingredients and can be whipped up in 5 minutes flat.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. For best results, refrigerate for 2+ hours so the individual flavors have time to “marry” one another.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. You can also use a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
Substitute tomato paste with ketchup in a pinch.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette