The sweetness of the potato combined with a little spice leaves you wanting more after every bite.
Sweet potatoes have become quite the routine guest in our house. These Sweet Potato Bites are something we often throw together as a simple side to any meal. There’s just something about their sweet, savory flavor that we cannot get enough of.
These sweet potato bites are a great family recipe because they can be customized to everyone’s liking. You can easily step up the spice in this recipe with a tad more cayenne, mix it up by adding a few different seasonings or drizzle honey over these crispy little nuggets for an added burst of flavor!
We’re always looking for ways to reduce time in the kitchen and simplify healthy eating, especially throughout the week. While this dish is super simple to toss together, we often chop our potatoes on our food prep day or the night before. It really helps to reduce stress, save time and simplify dinner on busy weeknights.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftovers:
- California Burger Bowls
- Buddha bowls: In a bowl, combine sweet potato bites, a small amount of wilted spinach, beans, protein of choice and avocado.
- Roasted cauliflower and sweet potato tacos: In a small tortilla, combine sweet potato bites, Roasted Cauliflower, black beans, sliced avocado, pickled red onions, chopped fresh cilantro, hot sauce and whatever else you want to toss in there.
- A spruced-up salad: Top a bed of greens with sautéed veggies and sweet potato bites.
- Topped with scrambled eggs. We’ll pair anything with scrambled eggs. It’s literally one of the BEST ways to mix and match leftovers!
Sweet potatoes have become quite the routine guest in our house. These Sweet Potato Bites are something we often throw together as a simple side to any meal. There’s just something about their sweet, savory flavor that we cannot get enough of! The sweetness of the potato combined with the spice of cayenne pepper leaves you wanting more after every bite. You can easily step up the spice in this recipe with a tad more cayenne or mix it up by adding a few different seasonings. Sometimes I even drizzle honey over these crispy little nuggets for an added burst of flavor!
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Grease large pan with EVOO spray, EVOO or coconut oil.
- Clean, peel and chop potatoes into cubes (or “coins”). Add potatoes to large pan. Drizzle EVOO over potatoes. Spread cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt over potatoes; toss with spatula to coat evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Toss potatoes and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until potatoes are cooked to desired crunchiness. (If you want to really kick up the crunch, broil them for 2-4 minutes. Just make sure you flip them frequently.) Remove from oven and enjoy!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Cinnamon Sweet Potato