Curried Shrimp Soup with Rice Noodles
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
This delicious soup will make you think you are eating at an authentic Thai restaurant! It’s full of snow peas, mushrooms, coconut milk, fresh spices and shrimp. It’s one of our go-to recipes because it’s easy and full of flavor. Even though it’s a soup we enjoy it served over rice noodles as a main entrée. Rice can be substituted for the rice noodles if you prefer.
- 1 box rice noodles
- 2 cups fresh chopped snow peas
- 3 cups chicken broth (water can be used as a substitute)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 (13.66 oz) can organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1 & 1/2 pounds medium-large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Prepare the snow peas by washing, trimming the tips, pulling the string off and cutting into thirds. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles according to instructions on the box. Set aside.
- Stir together 3 cups of chicken broth (or water if preferred) and ginger. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms, snow peas, coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne pepper, tumeric and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until shrimp turn pink (approximately 5-7 minutes). Stir in basil and lime juice.
- To serve, place noodles in a bowl, add soup and top with cilantro.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: curried shrimp soup