Easy Egg Casserole (Prep Ahead + Low-Carb)
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 1x
This easy and delicious Egg Casserole is ideal for any occasion. Feel free to choose one or use a combination of vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms) and don’t be afraid to incorporate a meat, like ham, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, or even crab (just make sure it is precooked). We always use spinach but encourage you to get creative with additional veggies and meats as long as it adds up to 1 & 1/2 cups.
- 10 eggs
- 16 ounces (2 cups) cottage cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheese of choice (cheddar, monterey-jack, pepper-jack to name a few)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-grain or whole-wheat flour
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 & 1/2 cups of your favorite chopped veggie or combination of veggies & meat
- Spray a 9×13 (3-quart) baking dish with EVOO cooking spray. Beat eggs in large bowl, add melted butter and blend well. Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, and stir. Pour mixture in baking dish. If prepping ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until mixture is set and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into squares.egg casserole, easy breakfast ideas, healthy recipes for moms, full for life, fullforlife
Gluten-free: Substitute whole-wheat flour with oat flour.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Too Easy
Keywords: Egg Casserole