For busy mornings when there’s barely enough time to get out the door, we’ve found that having Easy Freezer Breakfast Quesadillas on hand, that can be heated in a pinch, is massively helpful.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook until eggs are almost set. When eggs are almost done, mix in the salsa and cheese.
- Fold eggs, salsa and cheese until cheese has melted and eggs are cooked. Remove egg filling from heat.
- If you’re making the breakfast quesadillas to eat right away (they make an amazing brekkie or dinner), once the eggs are cooked you can start scooping the filling onto tortillas, folding and eating.
- If you’re going to freeze the breakfast quesadillas and not serve them right away, lay out six 12″ pieces of foil (one for each quesadilla). Place one tortilla on each piece of foil.
- Spoon the filling onto the bottom 1/2 of each tortilla. Fold in half.
- Let the quesadilla cool completely before wrapping each one up in foil and placing them in a labeled Ziploc freezer bag.
- These can be eaten at room temperature or heated.
Reheating your freezer quesadilla
- For the best results, defrost your quesadillas in the fridge overnight (or until they’re no longer frozen solid in the middle). Reheat in the microwave (1-2 minutes on high), in a toaster oven (2-4 minutes on medium), in an oven (350 degrees for 10-12 minutes) or in a skillet over medium-low heat until the tortilla is crispy and the middle is heated through.
- If you’re in a pinch, pop your frozen quesadillas right in the microwave (defrost mode for 2-4 minutes before heating on high for 1 minute) or straight in the oven to reheat them (low and slow).
- Top with your favorite toppings (avocado, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, black beans) and enjoy!