Hummus is one of those foods that goes great on almost anything.
Whether you pair it with raw vegetables and eat it as a snack, or top your toast or an open-faced sandwich with it, your taste buds will be jumping for joy!
If you want to get creative with flavors:
If you want to mix it up and get a little creative with your hummus, try adding or combining roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, hot sauce or one of the other ingredients listed in the section below.
Some tasty ways to use your hummus:
- APPETIZER OR SNACK: Serve hummus with cucumber slices and red pepper slices as an appetizer or snack.
- BREAKFAST TOAST OR ENGLISH MUFFIN: Avocado, hummus and egg on toast, an English muffin OR in a breakfast wrap. (Optional: Top with a few sliced cherry tomatoes.)
- BREAKFAST WRAP: Scrambled egg, hummus, spinach and tomato.
- MEDITERRANEAN PITA: Hummus, cucumber, tomato, Feta and onion.
- SANDWICH SPREAD: Skip mayo and use your leftover hummus to top a turkey sandwich. Grill on a panini press and serve.
- SOUTHWEST HUMMUS WRAPS: Corn, black beans, hummus, tomato, avocado, shredded lettuce and a dash of cayenne pepper. You can even add grilled chicken!
- PANINI SANDWICH: Hummus, tomato, avocado and feta. (Optional: Add sliced turkey breast.)
- QUESADILLA: Hummus, mashed avocado and queso fresco.
- GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN PIZZA: Use hummus as the base. Top with vegetables (grilled zucchini, red peppers and eggplant), goat cheese and kalamata olives. Garnish with fresh basil.
- SALAD DRESSING: 3 tablespoons hummus, 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 4-6 finely chopped kalamata olives, 1 tablespoon olive oil. The garlicky taste of hummus goes especially well tossed with spinach and arugula.