If you’re looking for a great low-carb comfort dish then you’ve come to the right place!
This lasagna is the perfect way to use your summer zucchini or warm yourself up on a cold winter night.
If You Want to Prep Ahead:
Option 1: On meal prep day, prepare the following and store in individual airtight containers in the fridge: slice the zucchini; chop and combine mushrooms, pepper and onion; sauté spinach and add to ricotta mixture; brown meat of your choice. This makes it simple to assemble the lasagna on a busy night throughout the week.
Option 2: Prep zucchini lasagna; cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake the following day and enjoy with no clean up.Print
If you’re looking for a great low-carb comfort dish, then you’ve come to the right place! This lasagna is the perfect way to use your summer zucchini or warm yourself up on a cold winter night.
- 3 cups spinach (or 10 oz frozen spinach)
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced lengthwise (1/8-inch thick)
- 1 whole red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 & 1/2 cup onions, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (to top)
- 1 jar tomato sauce, thicker sauces work best
- If creating a meat lasagna, brown your meat until almost completely cooked through. Season to your liking. (If you enjoy a little heat, brown with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.)
- Start off by preparing the spinach. Place EVOO and spinach in a large pan and sauté until wilted, approximately 2 minutes. (If using frozen spinach, thaw. To speed up the process, you can place frozen spinach in a fine mesh strainer and run it under hot water. Squeeze out the excess water.) Set spinach aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced pepper, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add another layer of zucchini. Cover zucchini with the remaining ricotta mixture. Top with the other half of the sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
OPTIONAL: Before layering zucchini in your lasagna dish, lay zucchini flat and generously salt. Let rest for 10 minutes to allow salt to draw moisture out of zucchini. Brush off salt and blot dry with paper towels.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Zucchini Lasagna, Lasagna