Easy Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizzas (Low-Carb)
These Easy Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizzas are an easy, low-carb way to enjoy pizza, and are ready in under 30 minutes. The sky is the limit when it comes to toppings including chicken, beef, sausage, beans, veggies, sauce and cheese! They’re perfect to serve as a side or with a salad for a quick dinner.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms caps, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons sauce of choice (marinara, pesto, BBQ)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (use ball of mozzarella for best results)
- 1 cup toppings of choice (see above suggestions)
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cleaned mushroom caps, stem/gill side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, until caps are soft. While caps are baking, prepare toppings and protein of your choice.
- Remove from the oven and carefully flip the mushroom caps over. If water accumulates on the baking sheet, drain the liquid. Evenly spoon and spread 1 tablespoon of sauce in cup of each cap. Divide cheese and desired toppings among mushrooms. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. To brown the top of the cheese (optional), broil for the last 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Sheet Pan, Too Easy, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizzas