Flourless Fudge Brownies (Grain + Gluten-Free)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
These easy fudge brownies are made from scratch with simple and wholesome ingredients and are also flourless (not even almond or coconut flour!). If you are craving a healthy chocolate snack or dessert, this recipe includes FfL-friendly chocolate chips, cacao powder, nut butter and canned pumpkin for a tasty delight. Top with chopped walnuts for some added crunch.
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can substitute with peanut butter)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking pan. We recommend using a non-stick METAL baking pan for this recipe so your brownies don’t burn around the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until egg is light and fluffy. Add maple syrup, almond butter and pumpkin. Whisk together. Add remaining ingredients (only using 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips). Mix to combine batter but don’t overbeat your batter. (That creates air in the batter and will give you cake-like textured brownies).
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Top your brownie mixture with walnuts (if you choose to).
- Bake on the TOP shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (the bake time depends largely on on the consistency/creaminess of your nut butter). Remove brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
- Eat them plain, top them with fresh strawberries, dip them in milk or do whatever your little heart desires… Enjoy!
Increase bake time by 5 minutes if using a glass baking dish.
For triple chocolate brownies, top your brownie mixture with an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips prior to baking.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Flourless Fudge Brownies, Flourless Brownies, Brownies