What if we told you that you don’t need to melt chocolate with butter to make brownies?
AND that they can be thrown together in 5 minutes flat using ONE bowl? These fudge brownies are made with simple and wholesome ingredients and are also flourless (not even almond or coconut flour!). For this recipe, we used our favorite chocolate chips from Enjoy Life, because they use all FfL-friendly ingredients.
Erich and I (Kalie) LOVE our movie nights. One evening while snuggled up on the couch, he couldn’t stop talking about chocolate. After a few minutes, I couldn’t stop thinking about it either. Because I didn’t want to miss out on too much of the movie, I got a little creative and threw together these 5 minute soft and fudgy brownies. Needless to say, the pan was finished before the weekend was over and Erich’s been asking for them ever since! I hope you guys love them as much as we do and find some time to bake them over the holiday season.
When it comes to brownies, we are big proponents of from-scratch, as opposed to box mixes. Packaged versions are generally made with refined sugar, refined flour, hydrogenated fats, additives, preservatives, artificial colors, and flavoring. Some of these ingredients, such as tartrazine, have even been linked to ADHA disorders.
These from-scratch brownies are made with FfL-friendly, REAL food ingredients. They’re far healthier than most commercial mixes because they use less than half the amount of sugar and absolutely no butter or oil. The best part, they’re still bursting with delicious flavor!
How to freeze your brownies
These brownies freeze incredibly well for up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve chilled or at room temperature.
If you’re looking for other HEALTHY chocolatey desserts you may enjoy:
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (Guilt-Free)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream (Dairy-Free + Vegan + Sugar-Free)
- Our Favorite, 15-Minute FfL CookiesPrint
These easy fudge brownies are made from scratch with simple and wholesome ingredients and are also flourless (not even almond or coconut flour!). If you are craving a healthy chocolate snack or dessert, this recipe includes FfL-friendly chocolate chips, cacao powder, nut butter and canned pumpkin for a tasty delight. Top with chopped walnuts for some added crunch.Scale
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking pan. We recommend using a non-stick METAL baking pan for this recipe so your brownies don’t burn around the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until egg is light and fluffy. Add maple syrup, almond butter and pumpkin. Whisk together. Add remaining ingredients (only using 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips). Mix to combine batter but don’t overbeat your batter. (That creates air in the batter and will give you cake-like textured brownies).
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Top your brownie mixture with walnuts (if you choose to).
- Bake on the TOP shelf in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (the bake time depends largely on on the consistency/creaminess of your nut butter). Remove brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
- Eat them plain, top them with fresh strawberries, dip them in milk or do whatever your little heart desires… Enjoy!
Keywords: Flourless Fudge Brownies, Flourless Brownies, BrowniesCategory :RecipesMethod :Too Easy