This Grilled BBQ Chicken recipe is so easy to double or triple, making it a great dish to invite your friends to join you for a backyard BBQ.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover Grilled BBQ Chicken:
- In a grilled wrap with pickles, sprouts, mustard and Muenster cheese
- Buddha bowls: In a bowl with a small amount of wilted spinach, sautéed veggies, BBQ sauce, Sweet Potato Home Fries and avocado
- Cold, on a spruced-up salad topped with sautéed veggies
- Pizza topped with cheese, leftover chicken, onions and BBQ sauce (using a dough ball, a tortilla or a toasted bagel)
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: Top your favorite pizza dough or a toasted pita with BBQ sauce, diced red onion, arugula, crushed red pepper, leftover chicken and cheese,
- Hawaiian Pizza: Top your favorite pizza dough or a toasted pita with BBQ sauce, diced pineapple, onion, arugula, leftover chicken and cheese,
- Mixed in with shell pasta, a little cheddar or cottage cheese for a savory side dish
This Grilled Chicken BBQ recipe is so easy to double or triple, making it a great dish to invite your friends to join you for a backyard BBQ. It pairs nicely with any side salad, potato or veggie, which makes it a perfect meal to ask your guests to bring a potluck dish to share!
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes. Once hot, brush the grate of the grill with oil before you grill the chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Reduce the heat to medium and grill on each side until almost cooked through.
- Baste each side of the chicken breasts with your favorite BBQ sauce and finish grilling for 3-4 minutes on each side (or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees). Remove from the grill and serve.