These candied nuts are so amazing that you will want to top everything with them.
Toss them on an earthy salad, throw a few in a snack mix or top your favorite vegetable with them. Just try not to eat a whole batch by the handful!
If you’re looking to give away some DIY treats this holiday season, these candied nuts are a wonderFULL gift. Pair them with Homemade Vanilla Extract and tie yarn or a string around the neck of the vanilla bottle with a small/medium-size cooker cutter attached. It’s so cute or functional!
- Add a tablespoon of coconut palm sugar for a sweeter (more traditional) candied nut
- Use different seasonings (substitute cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cayenne pepper)
- Use different types of nuts (pecans, walnuts or both)
Serve these candied nuts with:
- Yogurt parfaits
- Baked oatmeal
- Granola (after cooking)
- Baked sweet potatoes or Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Nuts or Nibs Banana Split
- A cheeseboard
- Flourless Fudge Brownies
- Ice cream
These candied nuts are so amazing that you will want to top everything with them. Toss them on an earthy salad, throw a few in a snack mix or top your favorite vegetable with them. Just try not to eat a whole batch by the handful!
- If your nuts are not already chopped, place them in a baggie and crush them.
- You can get creative; grab a hammer if necessary!
- Heat medium pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, nuts, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir constantly for approximately 5 minutes until the nuts are evenly coated and toasted. It is extremely important to stir constantly or your nuts will burn!
- Remove nuts from heat and transfer to parchment paper. Immediately separate nuts on parchment paper to keep them from sticking together. The nuts and coating will harden in 5-7 minutes. Garnish your meal with candied nuts and enjoy!
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks. To freeze: store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Homemade Candied Nuts