Summer has officially arrived, which means light, lean meals on the grill and an array of amazing salads drizzled with this delicious dressing.
With only a few staple ingredients, this vinaigrette is simple to throw together and an easy addition to a bed of bright greens as well as grilled (and fresh) veggies, chicken, fish and shrimp! It’s so versatile we served it last week to friends and family, drizzled on a bed of quinoa, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. It was to die for!
Once you try this simple dressing, you’ll surely keep a jar stashed in the refrigerator for the remainder of the summer.
Why MILD flavored extra virgin olive oil?
If you frequent FULLforLife, you know that we LOVE EVOO. And while a bold, beautiful EVOO works well with many meals, it tends to overpower the light lemon and Dijon flavors in this recipe.
If you don’t have a mild EVOO, you can substitute it with 100% cold or expeller pressed sunflower oil or grapeseed oil. Or, if you enjoy a slightly bolder olive taste, feel free to try it out with a robust EVOO (and let us know how it turns out in the comments section below!).
Is FRESH dill actually important?
If you’re not growing fresh herbs in your garden, then purchasing them can be a pain. In many cases, you can swap out fresh herbs for dried (and some dishes actually taste better with dried herbs). But, this isn’t one of them. We hate to say it, but there’s just no comparison to the bright, distinct flavor that fresh dill brings to this dish.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh dill , loosely packed and chopped (divided)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (mild flavored)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; blend with an immersion blender until smooth. (In a pinch, you can whisk ingredients together or combine them in a mason jar and shake until blended. Your dressing will not be as creamy.)
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight contain (mason jars work great) for 7-10 days.
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Toppings and Condiments, Vegan