This bright and colorful quinoa salad is a great summertime recipe.
If you love cucumbers, tomatoes and feta, this cold salad is the perfect complement to any meal or gathering. The quinoa and light yet full-flavored homemade red wine vinegar dressing can be made ahead for ease when serving.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover Mediterranean Quinoa Salad:
- Serve it with eggs: We stumbled upon this one by accident and we’re so glad we did. Make two sunny-side up eggs (per person) and serve them with leftover quinoa salad, topped with a few avocado slices. It’s so simple and hands down one of the best breakfasts EVER!
- Add shrimp or chicken and enjoy the leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch!
- A quick and easy wrap: Add a scoop of leftover quinoa salad onto a wrap, top with spinach, protein of choice, roll it up (wrap style) and enjoy!
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all dressing ingredients except EVOO. Once combined, add EVOO, whisk and store in refrigerator until ready to use. (This vinaigrette also makes a great salad dressing.)
- Cook quinoa according to directions on box or package. Allow quinoa to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine main ingredients. Pour dressing over main ingredients and toss together. Enjoy!
Dairy-free: Eliminate the feta cheese.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Keywords: Appetizers, Gluten-Free, Side Dishes