Simple. Healthy. Delicious.
This is a staple snack in our house and is surely one to please the crowds, no matter what age! It not only looks like a masterpiece, it tastes like it was made in a gourmet kitchen. The best part is, it’s kid-friendly and takes less than 2 minutes to make! Let your little chef help by sprinkling the nibs and granola on top.
Why add chia seeds?
They’re packed with nutrients, are a great addition to any healthy diet, and help the body run as a well-oiled machine. Some benefits of this inexpensive superfood:
- Anti-inflammatory properties and beneficial effects on cardiovascular health
- Great for digestive health
- Creates an optimal environment for a long, slow release of energy, without spiking blood-sugar levels
- Filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that fight against free-radicals which damage cells and contribute to aging, cancer, and other health conditions
A few tips:
- So many nut butters are made with an array of not-so-great (highly processed) ingredients. Choose nut butters made with only the nut and a limited amount of salt (basically, the nut ground up into nutty goodness and occasionally a limited amount of salt… nothing else).
- Most granola is HIGH in sugar and made with refined sugar, vegetable oils, and artificial ingredients, To take the guesswork out of knowing if your granola is a healthy addition to your Nuts and Nibs Banana Split or nothing more than a real-food imposter, try making your own, A few of our favorites: Chocolate Lover’s Granola, Crunchy Maple Coconut Granola, or Crunchy Pumpkin Spice Granola.
- For a snack-sized portion, cut your banana in half and save the rest for later.
This scrumptious kid-friendly masterpiece isn’t just a healthy breakfast, it makes a great afternoon snack too. Yummy, hearty and guaranteed to keep you powered for hours, this recipe is filled with wholesome, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Cut the banana in half and then slice each half down the middle lengthwise. Spread nut butter on banana and top with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Keywords: Banana Split