Pan-Seared Chicken Piccata
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This chicken piccata is elevated to new heights with this deliciously simple recipe. Serve your chicken with a baked spaghetti squash to catch all of the delicious sauce. You can bake the spaghetti squash ahead of time or put it in the oven a few minutes before starting your chicken. Check out FfL’s Spaghetti Squash recipe for a simple side with next to no prep needed.
- 4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour, divided
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- Pound out chicken until it is 1/2 inch thick. For directions on how to pound out your chicken, see above.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Remove 1 teaspoon of flour and place in a bowl with 1/4 cup stock; mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once butter melts, evenly coat pan. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Add chicken to pan and cook until done, approximately 8 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add wine, cook until liquid almost evaporates, approximately 5 minutes, scraping pan frequently. Add remaining 1/2 cup stock and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in reserved stock and flour mixture. Cook an additional minute. Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- Place chicken breast on each plate and top with sauce. Garnish each chicken breast with parsley leaves. Enjoy!
For a gluten-free alternative, use gluten-free flour.
For a dairy-free option, replace butter with coconut oil.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Chicken Piccata