Pecan Chicken Salad
- Total Time: 30-35 min
- Yield: 6 1x
This healthy Pecan Chicken Salad is wonderfully creamy, without being too wet. It incorporates the perfect balance of flavors and uses yogurt to offset the heaviness of mayonnaise. You can use this Pecan Chicken Salad recipe for sandwiches, croissants, in a wrap or on a bed of greens. Whether for lunch, supper or a snack, flavorful chicken salad is always a hit. You can use leftover chicken breasts or purchase a rotisserie chicken for this healthy, yet delicious recipe. It’s guilt-free without giving up any of the flavor and makes a great on-the-go meal or snack.
- 2 pounds chicken breast (grill with salt and pepper) (approximately 4 & 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 & 3/4 cups red grapes , halved or quartered
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bake or grill chicken ahead of time, only adding salt and pepper to taste (directions above). Allow to cool and chop into small cubes.
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, mustard, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Add cubed chicken, red grapes and pecans to bowl and stir until completely combined. Serve on a slice of whole grain bread, in a wrap, on a bed of greens or in a cup of Bibb lettuce. Enjoy!
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25-30 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, Too Easy, 30 Minute Meals
Keywords: Chicken Salad, Pecan Chicken Salad