Your favorite fall drink just got a makeover.
Sure, you can carve a pumpkin, paint a pumpkin or even go crazy decorating one, but our favorite way to celebrate the season is with a warm Pumpkin Spice Latte in our hands, Now that it’s finally cool enough here in Florida to pull out our sweaters or enjoy a hot drink, we’re excited to share this healthier version with you.
Making quality coffee at home saves so much money, not to mention calories. Because most coffee shops tend to sweeten their lattes with an array of processed syrups (and WAYYY too much of them, which contain lord knows what) this Pumpkin Spice Latte is a no-brainer if you prefer real food ingredients. Besides, it’s fun making things from scratch in your own kitchen, especially when it’s this easy!
Our Favorite Non-Dairy Milk
While non-dairy milk sounds like a healthy alternative, many are highly processed or contain an array of added ingredients, Be sure to check the ingredients listed, Look for dairy substitutes with basic ingredients such as water, nuts (such as almonds) or sea salt, Disappointingly, almost none of the manufacturers we found listed the percentage of nuts used.
Elmhurst is one of the ONLY non-dairy milk brands we’ve been able to find without an array of ingredients added, Believe us, we searched high and low!
Our favorite Elmhurst milk products:Print
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Course: ,
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 1x
Enjoy this delicious variation of a high-calorie pumpkin latte. There is no need to sacrifice flavor while giving up unnecessary calories. Make this cost-effective and easy latte and be pleasantly surprised at how yummy it tastes.
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure, canned pumpkin (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, hot
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, warm the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until combined. Turn off the stovetop and add vanilla extract. In the saucepan, use an immersion blender (or vigorously whisk using a hand whisk) to froth the milk.
- Pour the milk into a large coffee mug. Carefully add hot coffee into the frothy milk. (Optional: Top with a small amount of FfL-friendly whipped cream. Enjoy!!)
- In a large mug, add maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Stir, so spice mixes into maple syrup. Add milk. Heat in microwave until drink reaches desired temperature, about 45-60 seconds. Add vanilla and hot coffee. Stir until ingredients are completely combined.
Homemade Whipped Cream recipe
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible
Substitutions and modifications:
Substitute milk with a plant- or nut-based milk if you like and also add a tad more honey to your taste. We’ve tried it with cow’s milk as well as Elmhurst Unsweetened Almond Milk (our favorite non-dairy milk) and it turned out wonderful!
Substitute maple syrup with honey. This doesn’t alter consistency but slightly alters the flavor.
Feel free to double the amount of pumpkin pie spice for extra “fall” flavor.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
This is delightful. I love my FullforLife friends.
We’re so glad that you enjoyed your Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte!! We especially loved the fun pictures you shared with us. It looked like such a fun day!
P & K