Asparagus is in full swing and we have the BEST recipe for you and your family.
No more mushy asparagus… say hello to crispy, crunchy deliciousness. This easy oven-roasted recipe is the perfect way to get your picky eaters to try something healthy and new. It’s simple to make, satisfying, and tastes great alongside any main dish. Get creative and add a touch of refreshing flavor by including any of the herb suggestions listed in the cooking instructions.
Some ways to “reinvent” your leftover asparagus:
Leftovers are king when trying to simplify eating real foods. There’s nothing better than having prepared food on hand for quick and easy meals throughout the week.
- Quesadilla style! Add leftovers to a tortilla. Top it with a small amount of cheese, any cooked meat you have on hand, and a second tortilla. Grill it and garnish with avocado for a great tasting lunch.
- Pasta dish: Chop and mix leftover asparagus with cooked pasta, meat of choice, and sauce.
- Pizza topped with pesto, cheese, and chopped asparagus (using a dough ball, a tortilla or a toasted bagel)
- On a salad
- For brekkie: Tossed in scrambled eggs or added to a breakfast quesadilla.
Asparagus is simple to make, satisfying and tastes great alongside any main dish. Get creative and add a touch of refreshing flavor by including any of the herb suggestions listed below in the cooking instructions.
- Trim about 1/2 inch off the hard ends of the asparagus, rinse and pat dry.
- Toss asparagus in a bowl with EVOO, salt and pepper to taste. (Optional: Add an herb or seasoning of your choice for a touch of refreshing flavor.)
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees until tips are slightly brown and stalks are tender. Depending on how thick the asparagus is, it will take about 15-25 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Roasted Asparagus