Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Looking for a healthy snack to munch on at work? Hummus is one of those foods that goes great on almost anything. Whether you pair it with raw vegetables and eat it as a snack, or top your toast or an open-faced sandwich with it, your taste buds will be jumping for joy with this delicious roasted red pepper hummus!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans beans , drained and rinsed (white, garbanzo or chickpeas)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons garlic , minced (add more to taste)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers , drained (or 2 large red peppers roasted)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoons cumin OR paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- sesame seeds or pine nuts (to garnish)
- Add all ingredients, except beans and sesame seeds, into food processor. Process for 20 seconds or until blended. (We use a Cuisinart 14-cup food processor, which takes approx. 20 seconds.)
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add beans into food processor. Process until hummus reaches desired consistency. If needed, add more olive oil or water to thin and perfect consistency and process for another minute.
- Chill, top with toasted sesame seeds or pine nuts, serve and enjoy! (If possible, chill in fridge overnight so hummus has time to infuse flavors.)
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy
Keywords: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Hummus