Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes (+ How to Make Them Taste Savory or Sweet)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Mashed sweet potatoes are easy to make and a wonderful side dish that partners well with almost everything. Best of all, this root vegetable is HEALTHY, offering a rich source of fiber, as well as containing a host of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, B vitamins and vitamin C.
- (see savory & sweet list above)
- Wash the sweet potatoes under running water to remove excess dirt. Cube the sweet potatoes and place into a large pot with skins on. Fill with water to cover. Place on the stove and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer sweet potatoes until tender (20-25 minutes). Drain well in a colander. Peel off the skin, similar to the way you would peel a banana.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl while still hot. Mash using a potato masher, or use a hand mixer to blend until smooth and well combined. Add toppings to your desired taste.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: One Pot, Too Easy
Keywords: Breakfast, Create A Meal Using Leftovers, Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Side Dishes, Vegan