Skillet Sweet Potato and Kale Hash
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 large sweet potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 medium-large yellow onion , diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (eliminate if you don’t like heat/spice)
- 1 bunch kale , ribs removed and roughly chopped (approximately 14 stalks)
- Dice sweet potatoes and place them in a glass bowl or on a plate. Cover with a moist paper towel and microwave until fork tender, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 2-4 minutes. Increase heat and add sweet potatoes, cinnamon, salt and pepper to the skillet. Sauté until sweet potatoes are slightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sweet potatoes from sticking and burning.
- Add maple syrup, toss and add chipotle chili powder. Sauté an additional minute.
- Lower heat to medium and add kale to skillet. Season with salt, stir and cook an additional 2-4 minutes, until kale has wilted. Serve immediately.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Recipes
Keywords: Sweet Potato Kale Hash, Hash