Enjoy the unbeatable combination of cheese and broccoli in this unusually good omelet topped with avocado and fresh salsa.
Why add Chia seeds to my omelet?
Chia seeds are tiny, edible seeds that come from a desert plant. They’re packed with nutrients (omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, plant-based proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals), are a great addition to any healthy diet, and help the body run as a well-oiled machine.Print
Southwest Broccoli and Cheese Omelet
- Course: ,
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 eggs
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 small slice muenster or cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped broccoli or raw broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- fresh salsa
- Beat eggs in a small bowl until blended. Add salt and pepper.
- Using low heat, add coconut oil to a 7- to 10-inch non-stick skillet or omelet pan. Tilt pan to evenly coat bottom with coconut oil.
- Cook chopped onions until almost translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add cooked broccoli or broccoli slaw and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove cooked vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture in pan. If needed, coat pan with a small amount of coconut oil prior to egg being added. Evenly sprinkle chia seeds on egg. Mixture should set immediately around edges.
- With inverted spatula or scraper, evenly push cooked portions from the edges toward the center of the pan. Turn the pan so the uncooked egg mixture can evenly reach the hot pan surface. When top surface of egg thickens and almost no visible liquid egg remains, use a spatula to flip the egg. Be careful not to tear egg as you flip it.
- Place cheese and filling on half the omelet. Fold omelet in half with turner. Reduce heat or remove pan from burner. Cover with a lid for a minute, until cheese has completely melted. Slide omelet onto plate. Top with avocado and salsa. Serve immediately.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Keywords: Breakfast, Gluten-Free