The Tastiest Teriyaki Sauce (w/o Refined Sugar)
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
This teriyaki sauce is a simple, yet sensational staple in our home. It takes only 10 minutes to make and has no refined sugar or preservatives. It has been a saving grace countless times when we need a quick meal that’s a crowd pleaser and requires little cleanup. It can be used to glaze chicken, grill shrimp and bake salmon, or toss with grilled vegetables. You’ll never buy bottled teriyaki sauce again.
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- Using low-medium heat, whisk arrowroot flour and water in a medium saucepan until combined. Add remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer and whisk occasionally until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Use immediately or allow sauce to cool completely and store in fridge or freezer in an airtight container or mason jar.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
Always check for FfL-friendly ingredients.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Too Easy