We love to dream up healthy ways to put fresh spins on staple foods in our house; it keeps mealtime exciting and our taste buds wanting more.
The versatility of this recipe provides countless opportunities to keep your family and friends happy and satisfied at meal time. Prep your tuna over the weekend and serve it any of the following ways for a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner with next to no cleanup.
6 Low-Carb Options to Try:
- An open-faced sandwich with thinly sliced tomatoes
- In a grilled tortilla with your favorite cheese (ours is creamy Havarti) and fresh baby spinach
- A romaine wrap topped with tomatoes
- A crunchy tuna tortilla pizza with roasted tomatoes, spinach and sharp cheddar cheese (check out the full recipe under Crispy Tuna Tortilla Pizza)
- On a bed of spinach topped with tomatoes, avocado, chopped raw shredded Brussels sprouts (for some added crunch) and any other toppings your heart desires
- In a tuna and avocado stuffed pepper (simply cut and clean out pepper, add tuna and top with sliced avocado)
What are some of your favorite ways to eat tuna? Share in the comments below!
How long should I boil my eggs?
For medium-hard boiled eggs, submerge your eggs in boiling water for 12 minutes.