Turkey Chili (One-Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium – large onion, chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (can substitute with lean ground beef)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
Herbs and Spices:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Optional Toppings and Garnishes:
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- If you make this recipe in a slow cooker, reduce the chicken broth to 1/2 cup. Brown the turkey before adding to the slow cooker. Add remaining main ingredients, herbs and spices to slow cooker. Mix to combine. Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on medium-high. Garnish, serve and enjoy. This makes a simple and delicious tailgating or football party recipe!
- Heat EVOO in a large pot. Using medium heat, sauté onion and peppers for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add ground turkey and break up the meat; cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Stir. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Stir.
- Feel free to taste test and add more spices to your liking. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer chili mixture for 30-45 minutes, stirring every few minutes until chili thickens and flavors come together.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Recipes
- Method: Prep Now, Cook Later, One Pot, Slow Cooker
Keywords: Turkey Chili, One Pot