This zucchini crust is a great base for appetizers and an amazing substitute for typical pizza crust.
There are no hard rules when it comes to cooking! Depending on what you’re in the mood for, whether you’re creating an appetizer or meal, you can top your crust and flavor it to your liking.
You can top it with roasted vegetables, goat cheese and sautéed mushrooms for an appetizer, use the crust as a base to make a delicious pizza or try the suggested ingredients used in the photo! The sky is the limit. Get creative and enjoy.
Serve it as an appetizer with the toppings pictured above:
- Goat cheese
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Diced tomato
- Diced jalapeño
- Finely chopped cilantro
This zucchini crust is a great base for appetizers and an amazing substitute for typical pizza crust. You can top it with roasted vegetables, goat cheese and sautéed mushrooms or use the crust as a base to make a delicious pizza. The sky is the limit. Get creative and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut zucchini and put in food processor.
- Place the zucchini in a colander and let the zucchini weep for at least 15-30 minutes. The longer you allow the zucchini to weep, the less watery the dough will be. We typically do this for 15-60 minutes, depending on our schedule. If you’re tight on time, squeeze out excess moisture before mixing the zucchini with additional ingredients.
- Mix all crust ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Scoop mixture onto the paper and form it into the desired shape (square, rectangle or circle).
- Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and flip.
Keywords: Zucchini Pizza Crust