Nutrition: Our focus this week is on water.
Food for Thought:
- How does drinking water and staying hydrated really impact your overall health and well-being?
- Do you drink ample amounts of water daily?
- Do you think drinks that are labeled sparkling water, especially flavored ones, are as healthy as drinking water?
Did you know that water is more crucial to your survival than food?
True statement! Water is one of those things that you just cannot live without. It makes up approximately two-thirds of your body and influences 100% of it! I know this seems obvious, but your body just cannot function without enough water.
So what happens if you don’t drink enough water? Simply said, you go from looking like a juicy grape to a shriveled up, wrinkly raisin.
Try infusing your water!
Infusing water gives your drink a fun, fresh spin on a sometimes boring beverage.
Everyone has their favorite fruit-infused water ingredients, but some are more popular than others. Freshly sliced cantaloupe, watermelon, oranges, lemon, lime and strawberries are among the most popular fruit ingredients, while cucumber slices, mint, basil and ginger are some of the most popular vegetable ingredients.
Over the next week, your goal is to bump up your water intake.
- Focus on raising the glass and consuming ample amounts of water.
- Try infusing your water with fresh fruit, cucumber or mint leaves.
If you love the idea of bettering your health through your diet but aren't quite sure how to cut out highly processed foods and exchange them for downright delicious, real food, don't fret! Check out the FfL Food Guide for the tools to successfully make it happen.
Today you will complete your second Reps Challenge. Your goal is to surpass the numbers you recorded during your previous challenge. Always do what you can. Push yourself to do your personal best – whatever that may be.
- Hold a Forearm Plank as long as you can without compromising your form. Write down how many seconds you held the Forearm Plank and if it was modified. (Remember to contract your core and keep your head, shoulders, back and legs in a straight line.)
- Hold a Wall Sit as long as you can without compromising your form. Write down how many seconds you held the Wall Sit. (Remember to keep your shoulders and lower back pressed against the wall. Your knees should stay behind your toes. If they extend out further, you will need to take another step away from the wall.)
- Write down how many Push Ups you can successfully complete in 30 seconds without compromising your form. Include if they were Wall Push Ups, Knee Push Ups or Standard Push Ups. (Do not allow your butt to stick up in the air or your belly to slump to the floor. Keep your eyes straight ahead. Contract your glutes and core.)
In conjunction with your Reps Challenge, record the following:
- How often do you wake up feeling tired, drowsy and with no energy?
- Has this improved at all since starting the 28-Day Challenge?
- How much natural, unprocessed food is in your daily diet?
- I eat real, unprocessed foods numerous times throughout the day.
- I eat real, unprocessed foods numerous times throughout the week.
- I rarely eat real, unprocessed foods. My diet mostly consists of pre-packaged, processed foods.
- My diet consists entirely of highly processed foods.
- Record your weight.
If you struggle with fatigue or eat processed foods, consider switching to a more natural, unprocessed diet. If you're not sure where to start, FULLforLife's Food Guide is designed to help you successfully make the transition.