Table of Contents
After all that delicious Thanksgiving food, it's time to get back on track. You'll need twenty minutes and a set of free weights for today's workout challenge. (If you don't have weights, don't let that stop you, find something around the house to use instead. you can use cans of vegetables, bottles of water... get creative!)
This short but effective workout uses a combination of cardio and strength movements to tone your entire body.
- 20 minutes
What You'll Need
- An exercise mat (optional)
- Two medium/heavy dumbbells; 5-15 pounds (use household items, such as water bottles, if you don’t have weights)
- Total body: You’ll improve your cardiovascular endurance and overall muscle tone.
Each round consists of 5 exercises and targets a different muscle group. If you’re tight on time, complete 1 exercise from each round for a quick 5-minute workout.
- Complete the workout below.
- If you’re not on a time constraint and are feeling extra motivated, when finished, repeat the workout a second time.
- After completing the workout, enjoy a quick cooldown.
Cardio Round: One minute each with no rest period between
Upper Body Round: One minute each with no rest period between
Lower Body Round: One minute each with no rest period between
Core Round: One minute each with no rest period between
After finishing your workout, don't forget to thank your amazing body for all its hard work!
- Basketball Jumps – Substitute Squats.
- Bicep Curls in Boat Pose – Keep feet grounded.
- Burpee – Step each foot back into plank position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Plank Rows – Keep knees grounded.
- Push Ups – Substitute Knee Push Ups.