Do the "Breathe and Squeeze!"
Two things to remember at ALL times when working out: BREATHE and SQUEEZE. Be aware of your breathing pattern and contract the muscle group you’re working while also contracting your core. Keeping your core contracted during an exercise not only promotes optimal muscle use but also helps to protect your back. When exercising, tell yourself “breathe and squeeze, breathe and squeeze!”
Always do what you can. Push yourself to do your personal best – whatever that may be.
Week 6 Monday Workout:
✓ Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with a 15-second rest between.
✓ Repeat the round 2 times, then take a 60-second rest before moving onto the next round.
- Calf Raises
- 6 Jumping Jacks with Burpee
- Push Up, Side Plank Left; Push Up, Side Plank Right
- Bird Dogs
- 6 Jumping Jacks with 6 Mountain Climbers
- Burpee, 2 Plank Jacks, Push Up
- Sumo Squat with Lateral Side Bend
- Alternating Leg Lowers
- Reverse Lunge Left Leg with Squat; Reverse Lunge Right Leg with Squat
- 6 Reverse Crunches with Push Up
- 8 Fast Feet with 4 High Knees
- Knee Strikes 5 Left, 5 Right
- Burpee - Step each foot back into plank position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- High Knees - Use slow, controlled high steps rather than fast movements.
- Plank Jack - Step each foot out laterally and back to start position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Push Ups - Substitute Knee Push Ups.