I got in this workout poolside while visiting San Diego. It’s the perfect routine if you don’t have access to a gym or just want exercise outside!
- Each round is broken down like this: Each exercise is done for 20 seconds followed by a 10-second rest between.
- Repeat the round 4 times, then take a 60-second rest before moving onto the next round.
- Repeat the entire circuit 2 times.
- This workout takes 39 minutes total. If you’re crunched for time, complete the circuit 1 time for a 20-minute workout.
- Burpee – Step each foot back into plank position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Donkey Kicks – Alternate touching heel to butt, one foot at a time.
- Explosive Jumping Movements – Step, walk or use low impact jumps.
- Mountain Climbers – Use slow, controlled steps rather than fast movements.
- Plank Jack – Step each foot out laterally and back to start position rather than jumping feet simultaneously.
- Push Ups – Substitute Knee Push Ups.
- Squat Jumps – Keep feet planted on the ground and do a regular squat rather than jumping.
- X Jack – Substitute Traditional Jumping Jack.