Table of Contents
- Enhance your life with integrity!
- Have you ever broken a promise to yourself and let yourself down?
- Start by stepping outside of the box and evaluating your own integrity.
- Does this sound at all familiar?
- It's all about making promises you can keep!
- Let’s rewrite the earlier scenario to make it more specific and achievable.
- When it comes to creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself, don’t overdo it.
- Take Action
Enhance your life with integrity!
Integrity is something many of us hold near and dear to our hearts and strive to uphold. It’s pretty darn important in life, especially when it comes to success.
So, let’s break it down quick. What exactly is integrity? Well, if you look it up you’ll find something written like…
- Integrity is a commitment to something.
- It’s following through with what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it.
- It’s being honest, keeping your promises and taking pride in your words and actions.
NEVER MISS AN UPDATE!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive new recipes, healthy tips and our latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Have you ever broken a promise to yourself and let yourself down?
So often, we push our own goals (and integrity) to the wayside. We don’t bat an eye at hurting ourselves as long as we don’t hurt the ones we care about.
Here's the thing... You are just as worthy as everyone you care about!
When you break a promise to yourself, you send a message that you aren't important. Essentially, you're filling your mind with negativity that restricts you from reaching your goals. Learning how to keep promises to yourself has huge value. You start to trust yourself and have faith in your ability to deliver.
Start by stepping outside of the box and evaluating your own integrity.
YOU are important too, so why wouldn’t the promises you make to yourself be as significant as the ones you make to others?
Ask yourself these three questions:
- While I may have great integrity when making promises to others, do I uphold that same level of integrity when it comes to myself?
- Have I made promises in the past to make lifestyle changes and not followed through with them?
- If I made a promise to the most important person in my life, would I commit to keeping it?
If you've ever struggled with upholding promises to yourself, keep reading...
Does this sound at all familiar?
“On Monday, things are going to be different. I’m going to exercise consistently and eat healthy. I’m going to make changes to my lifestyle and stick to them.”
Monday rolls around, the kids are running around the kitchen with their pants on their heads and now you’re behind and don’t have time to make a healthy breakfast. You had great intentions but you default to stopping at the nearest fast food drive thru, promising yourself things will be different next week.
When this scenario plays out, you’re breaking a promise and telling yourself that your words can’t be trusted. Simply said, you’re not upholding your integrity to yourself.
It's all about making promises you can keep!
Learning how to uphold integrity when trying to live healthy might be one of the most important skills any of us can master. Each time you honor your words, you take control of your future and respect yourself that much more. What’s more important than setting a lofty goal that's far off into the future? Making a small promise you can KEEP! Then, do what it takes to set yourself up for success.
Let’s rewrite the earlier scenario to make it more specific and achievable.
Your original goal:
- “On Monday, things are going to be different. I’m going to exercise consistently and eat healthy. I’m going to make changes to my lifestyle and stick to them.”
Becomes… (much more precise)
- “On Monday, things are going to be different. I’m going to exercise for at least 5 minutes every day this week. I'm also going to prep and pack my breakfast and lunch each night before I go to bed so I will successfully make healthier choices the next day.”
Can you see how being more specific will set you up for greater success?
When it comes to creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself, don’t overdo it.
Take baby steps forward rather than trying to run the full marathon all at once. Be realistic and honest with yourself, and focus on making small promises that you can and will keep. When you make small promises and achieve them, you live with integrity and open yourself up to a whole new world of honesty and confidence.
Simply put, you set yourself up for a lifetime of success!
Let's make healthy choices with integrity- together!
- Set ONE specific and realistic goal for the upcoming week. Every Sunday, evaluate and set another. It doesn’t even have to change from the previous week's goal, just keep it specific and realistic.
Cheers to a healthy lifestyle and living FULLforLife!
xo, Pam & Kalie
Struggle to Reach Your Wellness Goals?
If you’re so busy trying to keep up with the everyday whirlwind that you don’t prioritize your own healthy habits and personal goals, this Healthy Living Log is for you! This simple system will help you streamline your focus, boost your self-care and finally get the results you desire.