These EASY Berry Blast Overnight Oats are made with a few simple ingredients and take less than 5 minutes of prep time.
They’re naturally sweetened, dairy-free, gluten-free and so delicious! This is a great option for a grab-and-go breakfast and leaves you with enough in your jar for a sensational mid-morning snack. You can even customize it to make your favorite flavor variations of this recipe. Get creative and use your favorite fruit combinations!
- Easily customizable
- Perfect for hectic mornings
- Great for a grab-and-go meal
- Enjoy as a snack (just save half for later)
- Can be warmed before eating (if you’re not a fan of cold oats)
Overnight oats are a great family recipe because they can be customized to everyone’s liking. If you have an extra hungry spouse (like we do), add a heaping spoonful of yogurt. If you have kiddos that don’t like strawberries and cinnamon, add bananas and nut butter.
Because there are endless options, overnight oats will never get old. Make it fun by allowing your kids to get creative and come up with their own combo.
Here are some ideas to choose from:
Base dry ingredients:
- 1/2 cup 100% whole grain quick oats
Optional dry ingredients:
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground flax meal
- Spice of choice (nutmeg, cinnamon, cacao powder)
- Pinch salt
Base liquid ingredients:
- Milk or plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey
Optional liquid ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon nuts or seeds (hemp seeds, almonds, pecans, pepitas)
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
My staple early morning brekki
Every Thursday morning, I rush out the door at 5:30 a.m. to catch spin class before my 8:00 a.m. PT appointment. Then, I scoot off to a local coffee shop so I can focus on work without the countless tasks around the house calling my name.
Because I often end up eating in my car, THIS breakfast has become my Thursday morning staple. It’s prepped the night before, easy to transport and absolutely delicious.
A great pre/post-workout snack
Because oats are easy-to-digest carbs that power you up without weighing you down, this meal can double as a delicious pre/post-workout snack. The oats release a steady stream of carbs during your workout, so your energy levels will stay consistent. Use a small, 4-ounce mason jar to portion your oats and enjoy them 30-60 minutes before your workout.Print
These EASY Berry Blast Overnight Oats are made with a few simple ingredients and take less than 5 minutes of prep time. They’re naturally sweetened, dairy-free, gluten-free and so delicious! This is a great option for a grab-and-go breakfast and leaves you with enough in your jar for a sensational mid-morning snack. You can even customize it to make your favorite flavor variations of this recipe!
- In a mason jar, layer half the oats, chia seeds and flax. Stir to combine. Top with sliced strawberries and cinnamon. Layer second half of oats and top with remaining berries, honey and cinnamon.
- Immerse oats and berries in milk. Allow milk to settle and top with milk, just below the rim of the mason jar. Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- The next day, open, stir to combine flavors and enjoy! Feel free to top with additional milk to your liking.
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.
- Serving Size: 2